Not throwing in the towel- Success at last.
5 weeks = 35 Days
Down 9 lbs. and 4.75 inches.
So the first week kind of doesn't count as I was still pretty much addicted to white wine, but I have honed in my mistakes thanks to the 4H folks on this forum.
Here are a few of my adaptations that have lead to my success:
- 1 GAL of water daily, no exceptions. My trick is to buy a GALLON of water and drink it until it's gone. I only reuse the plastic bottle once since I think plastics are naturally bad for consumption. I am sure I will get good at counting my 8 glasses with success soon enough. Also, drinking with a straw gets the water in my system faster. Do it! It works!
- No wine! Except after that 16 hour work day on my feet last week... But I almost entirely cut it out and the 4HP were correct, I think having wine 5 nights a week was stalling me.
- PAGG/AGG. I think its working!
- No tomatoes. I however bought a salsa verde with no sugar and want to spice up my chicken..I may experiment this week.
- No Dairy- zero. I save the cheese plate and cappuccino's for my cheat day.
- Cut beans down to 1/2 cup daily and not with dinner.
- Almost cut out nuts and almond butter but my job is physical and I usually get hungry for a snack from time to time.
- I still play tennis 3-4 times a week and it hasn't seemed to effect my weight loss so I'm not cutting it out.
So here's a question...
Can someone recommend a protein shake with 0 sugar that can stand in for my 30g boost in the AM. I am having a hard time getting in my swings + glut excercise + my breakfast in 30 minutes before waking.
THANKS again 4HP. Your support, feedback, kick in the butt...etc... has changed everything.
Make it a great day today people!
Vote for the Best Answer
In another 5 weeks you'll have the - 20lbs for sure.
I find it so funny, how all of us try around to cheat here and there, rebelling against whats written down in Tims book, trying to make their own rules. And after some weeks, we all come to the same conclusion, simply stick to the rules, harrharr.
Whats your goal, Alane?
You go! You should be proud of yourself
Thanks for sharing your experience and advice with us all. Looks like you've found a nice balance of eats and exercise.
Many have found that protein shakes stall their progress.
I would suggest that instead of a protein shake to have a premade breakfast. You can have leftovers from dinner. I make aonce a week and I have it for breakfast. I also sometimes pack a piece for a Second Lunch.
Keep up the awesome work
Join the 4 Hour Body Superhumans!