Just starting out
I'm new to the slow-carb life, but my husband's been following the program for quite a while with great results.
I'm 5'4", and 147#. I'm wanting to lose about twenty pounds. I'm already pretty active. I run and weightlift on a regular basis. Plus I have a 4 year old Golden Retriever that requires her daily walks.
I'm excited to start, and to see what happens! Any tips or tricks you may have learned would be great!
The Best Answer
Besides trying to follow the book to the tee. Here a few critical pointers I found:
1) Drink lots of water, for your size probably about 3 - 4 Liters per day.
2) Make sure your eating BIG filling meals, if you get too hungry you will absolutely cave to your cravings
3) Make sure every meal consists of protein, green veggies, and legumes.
4) DO NOT keep any cheat day foods in the house, get rid of everything.
5) Read the labels of all pre-packaged foods and condiments, you will be surprised by what has refined sugar in it and how many different names are used. Corn Syrup, Dextrose, High-Fructose Syrup, Evaporated Cane Juice, etc.
Join the 4 Hour Body Superhumans!