The Best Answer
Mary C, welcome to forum! Funny things about goals, they keep changing, and its the only real way to progress. When I started I had a few basic goals
A) Lose the weight gained this year (30lbs)
Drop a pant size
C) Fit into one of my favorite shirts
D) Run a 5K
E) Drop to a healthy body fat % (less than 25%)
I've hit all of those goals except for E but I'm sooooo close, and seriously as the progress continued my goals have shifted and moved. when it comes to weight loss I've shifted my goal over and over again because the weight keeps on dropping. I'm close to my 6 month mark and so far I've lost about 70lbs! I'm also borderline on the body fat % and close to dropping my third pant size. Stick with this, it has changed my life, it will change yours. I have never found anything which has kept me as motivated and happy as this plan does
Best of luck!
I've hit my "goal"... but what is a goal really anyway? I've realized even after losing 40lbs i still have to maintain that. The real joy I've got from slow-carbing is the habit's I've build up. I now eat very clean, work out, meditate daily, etc. It seems like stopping with crappy carbs and cutting back snow-balled me into a health mindset i've never had. Once you start this snowball you can not even understand how people eat certain foods.
I have this new body and it's amazing, but you'll find that it's WAY more healthy to look at this for long term than day to day. For example, I don't beat my self up when I cheat, I just know i need to hit the gym harder. One of my favorite books on dieting is the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. Highly recommended.
One of the things he says that really resonates with me is the fact that if you do this correctly 80-90% of the time, you shouldn't beat yourself up for the other 10% of cheating.
Good luck on your journey
Hi Mary, congratulations on starting the SCD way of eating. It's not like a diet to me any more!
I did a post the other day as i reached my first goal of 30 pounds lost in less than 3 months on 11/3/2012, but for some reason it's not showing up on here yet! This forum helped me a lot and there's so many inspiring posts made by a lot of people; Akane is one of the big weight loss losers on here, she went from 247 to 111, I think she's at now, Juan has lost over 50 pounds i think, and several others I can't think of their names.
If you have any questions you can search at the top of the forum in the search bar or just post a question on here. Everyone is really helpful. Today is my 13th cheat day and my birthday! whoo hoo.
I guess that once you enter this way of living, one is never satisfied since we can notice how easy it is to keep improving.
But check out the Before and After session.. there are a lot of amazing results there... guys with six pack abs and still going for more! Girls with a very defined stomach and still working on those last few pounds.
There are a lot of successful stories here...
And if you find that nobody has reached their goals... well, we are surely cheering for you to achieve yours!!!!
I´ve lost 8 kg (weighing now 54 kg or 118,8 lbs / 1,64 cm or 5 ft. 4,6 in.) and went from 34 % body fat to 20 %. Originally I only wanted to lose 4 kg, but it was so easy and I love the way I feel when eating slow carb, that I stuck to it. I´m now weighing as little as I used to weigh while going to school. I´m more or less on maintenance (eating here and there some sweets), but I´m still losing weight.
Join the 4 Hour Body Superhumans!